Some School Choices
Here is a more in depth look at some of the school choices available to Minnesota families in the Twin Cities area.
Augsburg Fairview Academy
Every teen deserves to attend a quality high school that recognizes their individuality. If your teen needs a passionate school dedicated to academic and social and emotional needs, we invite you to consider Augsburg Fairview Academy. We believe that a student succeeds when they choose a school tailored to them, rather than one assigned by zip code.
Augsburg Fairview Academy follows the Circle of Courage Philosophy, which includes Belonging, Mastery, Independence and Generosity. More than anything else, Augsburg Fairview Academy’s culture is characterized by caring and good citizenship. Students, staff and faculty alike are expected to act in accordance with the Augsburg Fairview Academy’s code of personal honor:
- Be caring, kind, and honest to others, and myself always.
- Do nothing that brings harm to others, or myself ever.
- Take responsibility for any harm I cause and heal it.
Students find that Augsburg Fairview Academy is a good fit for them if they are looking to:
- Experience a college-like learning environment
- Explore health careers and other caring vocations through mentoring with working professionals, receiving related training and certification, gaining work experience in professional settings, and earning early college credit while still in high school.
- Learn in a small class environment with guidance and support of caring teachers who will stay the course with them until they achieve their learning goals.
Career Pathways (CPATH) works to include underserved and disenfranchised students who don’t achieve well in traditional settings, but who will flourish in this unique multi-age/multi-graded environment, which promotes application of learning. Research shows that all students learn better when they experience the real-life responsibilities of the job.
What makes us special:
- Career and College Focus
- Small Class Sizes
- Experiential Learning
- Mixed-Age Classes
- Project-based and Traditional learning opportunities
- PSEO, Internships, Work credit
- Personalized Graduation Plans
- Catch-up on missing credits
Start developing high-level career pathways in middle and high school, only at Career Pathways.
Hmong College Prep Academy
Hmong College Prep Academy, (HCPA), is a K-12 charter school located in St. Paul near the MN State Fairgrounds. The school’s mission is to provide the best-integrated, challenging and well-rounded educational experience to all of its students. As Minnesota’s fastest growing charter school, HCPA is nearing the completion of its third major renovation project that will be the home to over 2,000 students this fall. The school provides its students with free busing (Minneapolis, St. Paul & selected suburbs), tuition, breakfast and lunch.
Noble Academy and Nompeng Academy
The mission and vision of Noble Academy and Nompeng Academy are embedded into the day-to-day activities. The mission is to provide quality, relevant and multicultural education for all students. The unique framework is relevancy, which is a critical component for the learning process if and when the students can build their prior knowledge. Learning makes more sense and is more connected when students can relate to the content and/or topics being taught. The school will serve students in the metro areas.
Noble Academy and Nompeng Academy focus on the following cornerstones surrounding the educational philosophy of the school: A rigorous educational program focusing on core content areas and standards mandated by the state of Minnesota in reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Hmong Heritage (native) language and culture
- Responsive classroom/social curriculum
- State of-the-Art Technology
They believe that each student will reach his/her highest potential through an educational program guiding upon their learning styles, language development, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds. Each student will be able to identify with their own culture and its invaluable significance, resulting in the knowledge of who they are, where they come from and ultimately developing them into social and academic maturity in today’s society.